Wednesday, November 2, 2011

St George Runners Series





For the past 2 years, a friend of mine has tried to get me to sign up for the Runners Series. Each year I have had excuses, but this year I decided to go for it. There are 850 spots, and they filled up in 5 minutes after the registration opened. Believe it or not, I am one of the 850!!!!! So what does this mean? Lots and lots of Running! I have to run 2 races in St. George before next October. I am going to do the St George Half marathon in January. I ran it last year and LOVED it. Can't wait to do it again this year. I am also planning to run the Hurrican Half in April. Those two races qualify me for an automatic spot in the St George Marathon (which is not easy to get into. They do a lottery every year because they have so many applicants). I still can't believe I am guaranteed a spot. 26.2 miles... 13 is the farthest I have ever run at one time in the last 3 1/2 years I have been running. It is going to be a huge challenge, but I think I am up for it:)





Once I am done with that, I am going to run Ragnar. It is usually the end of October here. I have also had my running friends try to convince me, but this year we were going to Disneyland. I have agreed to do it next year, because I figure with all of these races I will definitely be conditioned for a 2 day relay race... at least I hope I will be!





The more I think about it.. the more I wonder ' what have I gotten myself into -lol' Keep me in your prayers... I think I am going to need them:)

No comments: