Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of school

My big 1st and 4th graders getting ready to leave for school.




Haylee with her teacher Mrs Furgeson. I didn't dare to ask Cade to get a picture with his teacher (since he is too cool for that now). Remember his second grade teacher (Mrs. Kirzmarzick- the name that took him all year to learn to spell) well this year he has Mr. Kirzmarzick. Yep, and it is who he requested. They are not married, it is her brother-in-law, but he goes by Mr. K. He is the basketball coach and is totally in to sports. Needless to say, Cade is so excited for this year!



This year, I wasn't ready for summer to be over, but that didn't matter much because summer has come to an end. I wanted to do something really fun, and make this special since it's Haylee's first time going to school all day.


So I came up with this table setting. It was so much fun to make, and the kids loved it.





















I made place mats for each of the kids as well.









After dinner, we had a fun FHE that was all about Knowledge (thanks Kira:) It went perfect with our 'theme' of the day.








As another summer comes to an end, I am starting to get really excited for fall. I can't wait to see how the kids do this year in school. Cade is also in GATE this year, so it will be fun to see how he excels in that program. Haylee loved her first full day, and can't wait to go back. For me, the house was so quite with the older two gone, and Bryce also in school for most of the day. I'm sure I will get used to it, but it was almost too quiet today. I miss all of the noise and action when it's gone!

6 comments:

Kim Bee said...

omgosh you are so stinkin creative....and cute!

Carrie said...

such a fun mom, you are! I can't get over the size of Cade's shoes in that picture!

Johnson Family said...

You're so creative, your family is pretty lucky--enjoy the quiet, I'm sure it won't last!

Ingrid said...

I love your table decorations! What a fun idea. You are a great mom. Your kids look so cute, and grown up. Is Haylee missing teeth? Looks like they are going to have a great year.

Jori said...

LOVE the table setting!!! My brother and his family recently moved down, my niece and nephew go to Bilbray and my niece has Mrs. Kirzmarzick! My sis in law said they have been practicing saying her name. I hope your kids have an awesome year!! :)

Wilcox Crew said...

Thanks girls.. you're so sweet. Ingrid - Haylee has lots of empty spots in her mouth. She has lost 6 teeth total. The tooth fairy can't keep up with her:) Jori - that's funny that she has Mrs. K. Cade is loving Mr. K - his homework assignment tonight was all about football, lol.